BAGHDAD - Islamic State militants have set fire to oil wells northeast of the city of Tikrit to obstruct an assault by Shi'ite militiamen and Iraqi soldiers trying to drive them from the Sunni Muslim city and surrounding towns, a witness said.
- Ukraine military says one soldier killed in past 24 hours in east |
- Iran hints might be open to 10-year partial freeze of nuclear work
- Blast in Syria kills top al Qaeda commander, three others
- South Korea police say probing U.S. ambassador attacker's visits to North Korea
- U.N. Security Council to vote on chlorine arms use in Syria
- Saudi king aims for new Sunni bloc vs. Iran and Islamic State
- Palestinian leaders say they'll cut security coordination with Israel