Algeria and Mali
Reuters: Britain not given prior notice of Algerian operation, would have preferred to have been informed, British PM spokesman says. British PM Cameron told Algerian PM after operation started that he was "extremely concerned" about "very grave and serious situation." by Matthew Keys 1/17/2013 4:15:42 PMView the full event
BEIRUT - Islamic State militants have executed Syrian army soldiers and are holding a group of them hostage after capturing an air base in northeast Syria at the weekend, pictures posted on the Internet and on Twitter by supporters showed on Wednesday.
- Gaza ceasefire holding as focus turns to longer term |
- IMF's Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case
- Group of Russian soldiers crossed into Ukraine town - Ukraine military
- Islamic State and Syrian government committing war crimes - U.N.
- Afghan election audit disrupted as candidate threatens to walk out
- Japan PM Abe sent condolences to memorial for convicted war criminals
- New French economy minister pledges end to infighting