Tracking storm Sandy recovery
Latest information on Hurricane Sandy:
• LOCATION: 38.8N 74.4W (30 miles east-southeast of Cape May, New Jersey)
• WIND: Max sustained winds at 90 miles per hour (150 km/h)
• MOVING: Northwest at 28 MPH (44km/h)
• BULLETIN: Click to read the full National Hurricane Center bulletin
Local information: (updated regularly)
• NEW YORK: Mandatory evacuation in Zone A. MTA suspends subway and bus service. Public schools closed on Monday. NYSE suspends operation on Monday, likely Tuesday as well. Pres. Obama declares state of emergency. Holland and Brooklyn Battery Tunnel will be closed at 2pm ET Monday. Verrazano Bridge, GW Bridge to be closed at 7pm ET.
• NEW JERSEY: NJ transit shut down across the state. Schools closed in over 250 counties. Barrier islands evacuated (evacuation routes). Pres. Obama declares state of emergency. All access to Ocean City, NJ (on and off the island) is now blocked. Access points are underwater. GSP is being closed in both directions from Exit 38 to the southern end. Traffic is being diverted onto the AC Expressway. City of Hoboken will not permit driving in town after 4pm ET on Monday.
• PENNSYLVANIA: SEPTA suspends services. Flights in, out of Philadelphia Int'l Airport cancelled for Monday. Pres. Obama declares state of emergency.
• DELAWARE: Level 2 driving restriction starts Monday at 5am ET, bans anyone from driving on the road except "essential personnel" (read more).
• DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Public schools closed. Federal offices closed to public. Metro service canceled for Monday. Pres. Obama declares state of emergency.
• MARYLAND: Early voting shut down for Monday.
• CONNECTICUT: Mandatory evacuation along the coast. Pres. Obama declares state of emergency. Gov. Malloy orders all truck off the road by 11 am Monday. All highways closed to non-emergency vehicles at 1pm
• MASSACHUSETTS: Some schools closed (see closings here).
• RHODE ISLAND: Pres. Obama declares state of emergency.
Resources: Tracking Sandy Twitter List / NYC Evacuation Zones / Storm Cams / Reuters Hurricane Tracker
BAGHDAD - Coalition air strikes killed around 25 Islamic State fighters on Wednesday near the northern Iraqi city of Baiji, residents told Reuters.