SANAA - On January 23, science teacher Ali Nasser al-Qawli had finished supervising school exams in the Yemeni village of Khawlan and was enjoying an afternoon with friends when he encountered the strangers.
- Crowd breaks through barrier on Mandela's last day of lying in state
- Thai protest leader wants 12 months to push through reforms |
- U.N. confirms chemical arms were used repeatedly in Syria |
- Challenging third term looms for Germany's Merkel
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Rwandan court extends jail term of opposition politician