Death toll from raid on Cairo protesters and clashes hits 149
CAIRO - The death toll from a raid on supporters of Egypt's deposed Islamist president, Mohamed Mursi, in Cairo and other clashes nationwide has climbed to 149, the Health Ministry said on Wednesday.
The official MENA news agency also quoted a ministry spokesman as saying 1,403 people were wounded.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
KUALA LUMPUR/PHU QUOC, Vietnam - The search for a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner expanded on Wednesday to cover a swathe of Southeast Asia, from the South China Sea to India's territorial waters, with authorities no closer to explaining what happened to the plane or the 239 people on board. | Video
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework and wording for sanctions on Russia
- Assad visits displaced Syrians outside Damascus: TV
- Thousands flock to Turkish boy's funeral after night of protest |
- Ousted Libyan PM flees country after tanker escapes rebel-held port |
- In a boost for PM Renzi, Italy approves new electoral law
- Gun and grenade feud kills 14, mostly women and children, in Pakistan's Karachi