Death toll from raid on Cairo protesters and clashes hits 149
CAIRO - The death toll from a raid on supporters of Egypt's deposed Islamist president, Mohamed Mursi, in Cairo and other clashes nationwide has climbed to 149, the Health Ministry said on Wednesday.
The official MENA news agency also quoted a ministry spokesman as saying 1,403 people were wounded.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
TOKYO - U.S. President Barack Obama used a state visit to Japan on Thursday to try to reassure Asian allies of his commitment to ramping up U.S. engagement in the region, despite Chinese complaints that his real aim is to contain Beijing's rise.
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Ukraine revolt shows faces, but whose are the brains?
- China bans petitioners appealing directly to higher authorities
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Japan's Abe: Continue to gain understanding of his Yasukuni visit
- Pakistan fighter jets target militant hideouts near Afghan border