Death toll from raid on Cairo protesters and clashes hits 149
CAIRO - The death toll from a raid on supporters of Egypt's deposed Islamist president, Mohamed Mursi, in Cairo and other clashes nationwide has climbed to 149, the Health Ministry said on Wednesday.
The official MENA news agency also quoted a ministry spokesman as saying 1,403 people were wounded.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
MOKPO/JINDO, South Korea - The vice-principal of a South Korean high school who accompanied hundreds of pupils on a ferry that capsized has committed suicide, police said on Friday, as hopes faded of finding any of the 274 missing alive. | Video
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- Drone risks damage at record depth in search for Malaysian plane
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |
- Turkish president rules out role swap with Erdogan
- Poles most worried about their independence in at least 23 years: poll
- Bahraini man dies two months after being shot by police: family
- Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings