Mass shooting at Colorado movie theater
President Obama's remarks on Aurora, Colorado: "This morning, we woke up to news of a tragedy that reminds us of all the ways we are united as one American family.View the full event
By now many of you know, many of you have heard that a few miles outside of Denver in a town called Aurora at least 12 people were killed when a gunman opened fire in a movie theatre and dozens more are being treated for injuries at a local hospital. Some of the victims are being treated at a children's hospital.
We're still gathering all the facts about what happened at Aurora but what we do know is that police have one suspect in custody and the federal government stands ready to do whatever is necessary to bring whoever is responsible for this heinous crime to justice." by Matthew Keys 7/20/2012 2:55:06 PM
BEIJING - A North Korean envoy told China's president on Friday that his reclusive country was willing to take "positive actions" to ensure peace and stability on the Korean peninsula, as China steps up diplomatic efforts to bring Pyongyang back to talks.
- Britain scrambles fighters as Pakistani airliner diverted
- Blasts, shooting in center of Afghan capital
- Kerry says Israelis, Palestinians must make tough decisions
- Spain's Princess Cristina faces new tax probe charge
- British security services in spotlight after soldier murder |
- Russia's oldest rights group fights 'foreign agent' tag
- Syria opposition struggles to forge transition plan before talks