Algeria and Mali
Reuters: White House strongly condemns "terrorist attack" at Algeria plant, also in touch with BP officials in London. White House says it is closing monitoring situation in Algeria, concerned about reports of loss of life and is reaching out to the Algerian government for clarification. White House says President Obama has been briefly regularly on the hostage situation in Algeria by Matthew Keys 1/17/2013 5:15:21 PMView the full event
BUDAPEST - Hundreds of angry migrants demonstrated outside Budapest's shuttered Eastern Railway Terminus on Tuesday, demanding that they be allowed to travel on to Germany, as a migration crisis put the European Union's rules under unprecedented strain.
- Big guns in east Ukraine fall silent, two more die from wounds in Kiev protests
- Satellite images confirm major temple destroyed in Syria's Palmyra - U.N. |
- Four killed, dozens wounded, in suicide attack on Pakistan forces
- Thailand arrests second foreign suspect in Bangkok blast probe
- Gunmen kill two Yemeni militia leaders in Aden
- China says Japan complaints about U.N. Ban's WW2 parade visit 'irritating'
- Singapore ruling party for first time faces election fight for every seat |