BEIRUT - Syria rejected as "fabricated" U.S. accusations that its forces are targeting civilians with air strikes and said Washington would do better to criticise hardline Islamic State militants who have killed American citizens.
- Calm comes to troubled Ferguson; protests dwindle across U.S. |
- Eyeing deadline, France to back Palestinian state if peace talks fail
- Gunmen bomb and shoot at mosque worshippers in north Nigeria's Kano
- Fifteen Islamic State targets hit by U.S., allies since Wednesday - U.S.
- Two dead in Egypt violence and Islamist protests
- German support for sanctions on Russia rise, poll finds
- North Korea's 'princess' moves closer to centre of power |