BAGHDAD/ARBIL Iraq - Iraqi government forces and Shi'ite militias seized control of the strategic town of Jurf al-Sakhar near Baghdad from Islamic State on Saturday and Kurdish fighters made gains in the north after heavy coalition air strikes against the Sunni militants.
- Ebola death toll tops 4,900 as virus spreads - WHO |
- Canadians flock to Parliament Hill, site of attack on soldier
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq - U.S. Central Command |
- Lebanon army fights gunmen in Tripoli, six soldiers killed |
- On eve of poll, Ukraine leader seeks support for pro-Europe course |
- Brazil's election too close to call on eve of runoff