SURUC Turkey/BAGHDAD - U.S.-led air strikes hit Islamic State positions around the Syrian border town of Kobani on Friday in an apparent bid to pave the way for heavily-armed Iraqi Kurdish peshmerga forces to enter from neighbouring Turkey.
- Gazprom to resume gas supply once Ukraine pays $2.2 billion |
- Muslim men over 50 pray at Jerusalem's Aqsa mosque amid tight security |
- Army chief takes power after Burkina president bows to protests
- Houthi rebels give Yemen's president 10 days to form government
- Judge eases limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients
- Virgin Galactic spaceship crashes during Calif. test flight
- Accused in Canada dismemberment trial had troubled childhood, his father says