BEIRUT - Islamic State militants have executed Syrian army soldiers and are holding a group of them hostage after capturing an air base in northeast Syria at the weekend, pictures posted on the Internet and on Twitter by supporters showed on Wednesday.
- Gaza ceasefire holding as focus turns to longer term |
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- Afghan election audit disrupted as candidate threatens to walk out
- Japan PM Abe sent condolences to memorial for convicted war criminals
- Libyan raids could herald bolder Arab action as U.S. wavers
- Silva surges in Brazil election race, threatens Rousseff
- Turkey's Erdogan says new cabinet to be announced on Friday