KIEV - Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich backed a call for talks with the opposition on Monday to end weeks of protests in Kiev, but tension was high with pro-Europe demonstrators barricading their protest camp in preparation for police intervention.
- Egypt to hold mid-January constitutional referendum -minister
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on media
- World pays homage to Mandela in mass memorial service |
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting - researcher
- French army battles militias in Central African Republic's capital
- Palestinians say Kerry appeasing Israel over Iran at their expense
- Eight bodies, some dismembered, found on Mexican highway