BANGKOK - More than 2,500 migrants could still be stranded on boats in the Bay of Bengal and Andaman Sea, according to estimates by the United Nations, as Thailand prepares to host a regional meeting it said was focused on "immediate action" to tackle the crisis.
- World football rocked as top officials held in U.S., Swiss graft cases |
- Air strikes kill at least 80 in deadliest bombings of Yemen war
- Islamic State shoots dead 20 in Palmyra amphitheatre - monitor
- Britain to host state visit of Chinese President Xi in October
- Blair to step down as Middle East envoy -diplomatic sources
- Germany no closer to legalising same-sex marriages
- Afghan Taliban gunmen killed after attack on Kabul guesthouse |