Euro 2012 soccer championship
- So here we go. 16 teams, lots of our reporters and only one winner. Who is it going to be??
- Holders Spain are favourites but they are without Villa and Puyol. Germany second favourites
- But as Denmark and Greece proved in 1992 and 2004, this is anybody's tournament. Here are a few pics to follow. Feel free to leave a comment, there's no registration. You just need a name
France's Samir Nasri signing some autographs in Ukraine
Spain's goalkeeper Iker Casillas attends a training session at Gniewino June 6, 2012. The defending champions have chosen Gniewino as their hub for the Euro 2012 soccer championships. REUTERS/Juan Medina
- Remember it all kicks off on Friday with Poland v Greece following by Czech Republic v Russia
Netherlands soccer players attend a training session during the Euro 2012 at Wisla stadium in Krakow June 6, 2012. REUTERS/Pawel Ulatowski
- @mark_meadows thousands and thousands at Dutch training today at Wisla Krakow stadium. Almost felt like a real Euro 2012 game
- so just a day to go now before the big kickoff.
- England's Defoe has gone home after a family bereavement
- Joris Mathijsen looks set to miss the Dutch opener against Denmark on Saturday
- France coach Laurent Blanc reckons Rio Ferdinand was left out of the England squad for reasons other than football
- Italy and the Dutch went to Auschwitz yesterday. England also due to go
- Here is a link to our tournament preview uk.reuters.com
- no way Danes or Greece can win it this time man
- A few photos from today coming up
England's national team soccer player Joe Hart arrives for a news conference in Krakow June 7, 2012, ahead of their Euro 2012 soccer match against France. REUTERS/Nigel Roddis
- Hart is a rarity with this England team. He is a definite starter
Germany's national soccer player Philipp Lahm smiles during a news conference ahead of the Euro 2012 in Gdansk, June 7, 2012. REUTERS/Thomas Bohlen
- The news from the Germany camp today is that Lahm will play left back rather than right back.
- here are some links to today's top euro stories. Russia and Czech pressers still going on ahead of their match tomorrow
- Time to show "what's in our shorts" - Poland captain
- that's got to be the best story of the day...
- Platini tells players to let referees handle racism
- Germany's Lahm to play left back v Portugal
- great shorts line from the polish guy with the impossible name
- Netherlands players heard monkey chants from the crowd at a Euro 2012 training session at Wisla Krakow's stadium, a team spokeswoman said on Friday, casting a shadow over what had been a near carnival atmosphere.
- That's our intro to the big breaking story this morning, hours before the start of the tournament.
- It has emerged two days after the event. only a handful of players heard it, coaching staff, media and Dutch officals did not. There had been big worries before the tournament about problems with racism in poland and ukraine
- Hopefully we can also talk about football today with Poland facing Greece in the opening match of Euro 2012 in Warsaw at 1600 GMT followed by Czech Republic v Russia in Wroclaw at 1845 GMT
France's national soccer team midfielder Franck Ribery is seen in a sauna at the team's training center in Kircha, on the eve of the Euro 2012 football championships opening match on June 7, 2012. REUTERS/Franck Fife/Pool
- best photo of yesterday by far!
- Here is the story about Dutch being subjected to monkey noises uk.reuters.com
- that incident is a disgrace
- seems racist abuse at Diutch training was right at start. But seems it didnt happen again for rest of long session. Hope that's a good signby Mark Meadows via twitter 6/8/2012 8:51:23 AM
- Hello from #Lviv, host of three Group B matches. Take a look at our live blog: lhttp://live.reuters.com/Event/Euro_2012_soccer_championshipby soccerLjungg via twitter 6/8/2012 9:05:36 AM
- Hello from #Lviv, host of three Group B matches. Take a look at our live blog: live.reuters.comby soccerLjungg via twitter 6/8/2012 9:06:09 AM
- Baros gets green light to play against Russia after training without thigh problems.by kahnreuters via twitter 6/8/2012 9:06:36 AM
- Officials in #Lviv say 5,000 visitors to Ukraine have already called emergency services with non-urgent queries such how to find restaurantsby soccerLjungg via twitter 6/8/2012 9:09:14 AM
- One #Lviv official says he was stopped on the street by three fans who didn't know what city they were in #toomanybeers? #Euro2012by soccerLjungg via twitter 6/8/2012 9:10:12 AM
- Swedish Fan Camp not all it's cracked up to be- TV story coming later...by RTRSPhil via twitter 6/8/2012 10:04:44 AM
- @RTRSPhil transferyt.infocomment by sotattedt3 via twitter 6/8/2012 10:06:58 AM
- Fitness test to decide this afternoon whether injured Italy def Andrea Barcagli to stay or be replaced by Davide Astoriby Simon Evans via twitter 6/8/2012 10:17:19 AM
Gilded living statues help build pro-#Ukraine #soccer fever in #Lviv #Euro2012 lockerz.comby soccerLjungg via twitter 6/8/2012 10:27:53 AM
- Frustrated Italian reporter swearing loudly into his cellphone - yes, the Euros are here....by Simon Evans via twitter 6/8/2012 11:23:38 AM
SEOUL - North Korea fired a short-range missile from its east coast on Sunday, a day after launching three of these missiles, a South Korean news agency said, ignoring calls for restraint from Western powers.
- Netanyahu takes aim at weapons "leakage" in Syria
- Upmarket Pakistan district votes again as Imran Khan decries killing
- Afghanistan's Karzai seeks Indian military aid amid tensions with Pakistan
- Egyptian police block Israel border crossing in fury at kidnapping - sources
- Tunisian police fire in air to disperse Islamists
- India's weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- Iran hangs two spies working for Israel and U.S. - report