SEOUL - North Korea said on Friday Jang Song Thaek, the uncle of leader Kim Jong Un and previously considered the second most powerful man in the secretive state, has been executed after a special military tribunal found him guilty of treason.
- U.N. confirms chemical arms were used repeatedly in Syria
- Tunisia's Islamists and opposition reach deal on premier
- Kiev protesters gather, EU dangles aid promise
- Opponents of French surveillance law race to get support for review
- Mafia death threat shows Italy still haunted by 1992 murders
- Catalonia sets referendum date next year, Spain says no
- Car bomb kills one police officer in Ismailia