TOKYO - President Barack Obama will use a state visit to Japan on Thursday to try to reassure Tokyo and other Asian allies of his commitment to ramping up U.S. engagement in the region, despite Chinese complaints that Washington's real aim is to contain Beijing's rise. | Video
- Ukraine revolt shows faces, but whose are the brains?
- Hamas, Abbas's PLO announce reconciliation agreement
- Exclusive: Russia, China block Central African Republic blacklist at U.N.
- Australia transport bureau says beach debris not from MH370
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Campaign to stop Britons joining Syria fight targets women
- Syria eyes end of chemical arms monitoring mission; West disagrees