Egypt violence kills 17 as Mursi backers protest - RTRSCAIRO - Seventeen people were killed in violence in Egypt on Friday as supporters of deposed Islamist President Mohamed Mursi protested his overthrow by the army, state television said, quoting Health Ministry data.It gave no details.(Reporting by Alastair Macdonald)
KUALA LUMPUR - The search for a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner expanded on Wednesday to cover an area stretching from China to the Andaman Sea, with authorities no closer to explaining what happened to the plane or the 239 people on board. | Video
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade: U.N.
- U.N. refugee chief warns world powers not to forget Syria conflict
- Once-genteel Caracas plaza is ground zero for protests
- Japan's Abe seeks trilateral summit with Korea, U.S.
- Runner-up in El Salvador presidential election wants vote to be annulled