Live News on Ukraine
Clerics, opposition to unveil Egypt roadmap -MENA
CAIRO, July 3 (Reuters) - Egypt's leading Muslim and Christian clerics and the leader of the liberal opposition alliance Mohamed ElBaradei will jointly present a roadmap for a political transition shortly, state news agency MENA said on Wednesday.
The announcement follows talks with military chiefs who gave President Mohamed Mursi an ultimatum to share power, which has now expired. The generals would be present at the announcement along with members of the Tamarud youth protest movement, MENA said.
The clerics would be the Grand Sheikh of Cairo's Al-Azhar institution, a leading authority in the Muslim world, and Pope Tawadros, the head of the Coptic Church and leader of Egypt's millions of Christians.
(Reporting by Yasmine Saleh; Editing by Alastair Macdonald)
MOKPO/JINDO, South Korea - The vice-principal of a South Korean high school who accompanied hundreds of pupils on a ferry that capsized has committed suicide, police said on Friday, as hopes faded of finding any of the 274 missing alive. | Video
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- Drone risks damage at record depth in search for Malaysian plane
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |
- Turkish president rules out role swap with Erdogan
- Poles most worried about their independence in at least 23 years: poll
- Bahraini man dies two months after being shot by police: family
- Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings