World News: Live updates on Ukraine
Clerics, opposition to unveil Egypt roadmap -MENA
CAIRO, July 3 (Reuters) - Egypt's leading Muslim and Christian clerics and the leader of the liberal opposition alliance Mohamed ElBaradei will jointly present a roadmap for a political transition shortly, state news agency MENA said on Wednesday.
The announcement follows talks with military chiefs who gave President Mohamed Mursi an ultimatum to share power, which has now expired. The generals would be present at the announcement along with members of the Tamarud youth protest movement, MENA said.
The clerics would be the Grand Sheikh of Cairo's Al-Azhar institution, a leading authority in the Muslim world, and Pope Tawadros, the head of the Coptic Church and leader of Egypt's millions of Christians.
(Reporting by Yasmine Saleh; Editing by Alastair Macdonald)
KUALA LUMPUR/PHU QUOC ISLAND, Vietnam - Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. | Video
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |
- Suicide bomber kills 45 in Iraqi city of Hilla
- Japan, U.S. differ on China in talks on 'grey zone' military threats
- Libyan rebels warn of 'war' if navy attacks oil tanker
- Nuns yet to reach Syria after reported release by rebels
- Save the Children describes healthcare disaster in Syria
- The children of Japan's Fukushima battle an invisible enemy