World News: Live updates on Ukraine
Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper's statement on the passing of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez:
"I would like to offer my condolences to the people of Venezuela on the passing of President Chávez.
Canada looks forward to working with his successor and other leaders in the region to build a hemisphere that is more prosperous, secure and democratic.
At this key juncture, I hope the people of Venezuela can now build for themselves a better, brighter future based on the principles of freedom, democracy, the rule of law and respect for human rights."
KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia's military believes a jetliner missing for almost four days turned and flew hundreds of kilometers to the west after it last made contact with civilian air traffic control off the country's east coast, a senior officer told Reuters on Tuesday. | Video
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Legal limbo hampers probe into missing Malaysia jet
- Indian Maoists kill 16 in attack on police
- Bomb wounds two policemen in Bahraini village: interior ministry
- Ship leaves Libya rebel port carrying oil, official and gunmen say
- Death of Turkish boy hurt in protests triggers fresh unrest
- Exclusive: India to slash Iran oil imports to meet nuclear deal parameters - sources