World News: Live updates on Ukraine
Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper's statement on the passing of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez:
"I would like to offer my condolences to the people of Venezuela on the passing of President Chávez.
Canada looks forward to working with his successor and other leaders in the region to build a hemisphere that is more prosperous, secure and democratic.
At this key juncture, I hope the people of Venezuela can now build for themselves a better, brighter future based on the principles of freedom, democracy, the rule of law and respect for human rights."
KUALA LUMPUR/HANOI - A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, presumed crashed, as ships and planes from countries closest to its flight path scoured a large search area for any wreckage. | Video
- Ukraine standoff intensifies; Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Indian plane evacuated after rear wheel catches fire in Nepal
- China says no room for compromise with Japan on history, territory
- Libya port rebels say have started exporting oil, bypassing government
- Two Yemeni soldiers, one militant killed in south: Defence Ministry
- Three killed in Cairo clashes, 48 wounded across Egypt