Statement from Ed Royce, chairman of the U.S. House Committee on Foreign Affairs:View the full event
Hugo Chavez was a tyrant who forced the people of Venezuela to live in fear. His death dents the alliance of anti-U.S. leftist leaders in South America. Good riddance to this dictator.by anthony.derosa edited by Matthew Keys 3/5/2013 11:13:18 PM
Venezuela once had a strong democratic tradition and was close to the United States. Chavez’s death sets the stage for fresh elections. While not guaranteed, closer U.S. relations with his key country in our Hemisphere are now possible.
LONDON - Two British men of Nigerian descent accused of hacking a soldier to death on a London street in revenge for wars in Muslim countries were known to security services, a source close to the investigation said Thursday. | Video
- North Korea says willing to take China's advice to start talks
- Sweden riots expose ugly side of 'Nordic model'
- Ally of Kosovo PM among five arrested for war crimes
- U.N. investigator seeks world moratorium on 'killer robots'
- Canadian businessman goes on trial in Cuban corruption crackdown
- Islamists kill 20 in suicide attacks in Niger
- Gunmen kill seven Iraqi soldiers in worsening conflict