World Economic Forum at Davos
Reuters' Lauren Tara LaCapra reports from the center of today's Davos action:
"At a packed lounge in the conference center, Steve Schwarzman, CEO of private-equity firm Blackstone Group, was sitting solo at a small table, reading and drinking water. Asked what is on his agenda at the conference, and whether he had a positive or negative outlook on the economy, he voiced displeasure for U.S. President Barack Obama. He referred to the president as 'the guy who forgot to mention the economy after four years as president' in his inauguration speech. 'That wasn't an accident,' Schwarzman added."
Here's the full text of President Obama's speech.
SLAVIANSK, Ukraine/ST PETERSBURG, Russia - Ukrainian forces killed up to five pro-Moscow rebels on Thursday as they closed in on the separatists' military stronghold in the east, and Russia launched army drills near the border in response, raising fears its troops would invade. | Video
- Russia's Lavrov accuses Washington of distorting Geneva accord on Ukraine
- Obama wraps up Japan visit but no trade deal |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Empty spaces mark Korean school tribute for missing ferry victims |
- In Cairo, one family's story shows rise of radical threat
- Thai government wants more troops in Bangkok as crisis heats up
- China believes arms firm did not violate rules in Syria