World Economic Forum at Davos
Reuters' Lauren Tara LaCapra reports from the center of today's Davos action:
"At a packed lounge in the conference center, Steve Schwarzman, CEO of private-equity firm Blackstone Group, was sitting solo at a small table, reading and drinking water. Asked what is on his agenda at the conference, and whether he had a positive or negative outlook on the economy, he voiced displeasure for U.S. President Barack Obama. He referred to the president as 'the guy who forgot to mention the economy after four years as president' in his inauguration speech. 'That wasn't an accident,' Schwarzman added."
Here's the full text of President Obama's speech.
BANGKOK - The head of Thailand's armed forces has turned down a request for a meeting in a huge blow to the leader of anti-government protesters who had asked police and military chiefs to choose sides in the crisis amid dwindling public support. | Video
- Egyptian police fire tear gas and water cannon on protesters
- Blast near U.S. embassy in Kabul was accident, Afghan official says |
- Ukraine protesters defy police, leaders reject talks with president |
- S.Korea's KAI sells fighter jets worth $1.1 billion to Iraq
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Indian ban on gay sex violates international law: U.N
- Pope attacks mega-salaries, big bonuses, in peace message