World Economic Forum at Davos
Reuters' Lauren Tara LaCapra reports from the center of today's Davos action:
"At a packed lounge in the conference center, Steve Schwarzman, CEO of private-equity firm Blackstone Group, was sitting solo at a small table, reading and drinking water. Asked what is on his agenda at the conference, and whether he had a positive or negative outlook on the economy, he voiced displeasure for U.S. President Barack Obama. He referred to the president as 'the guy who forgot to mention the economy after four years as president' in his inauguration speech. 'That wasn't an accident,' Schwarzman added."
Here's the full text of President Obama's speech.
MOSCOW/SEVASTOPOL, Ukraine - Russia said any U.S. sanctions imposed on Moscow over the crisis in Ukraine will boomerang back on the United States and that Crimea has the right to self-determination as armed men tried to seize another Ukrainian military base on the peninsula. | Video
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Suspected Russian spyware Turla targets Europe, United States
- Netanyahu says Israel would give up 'some settlements' for peace
- Iran, world powers hold 'substantive and useful' nuclear talks
- South Africa, Rwanda expel diplomats in row over Rwandan exiles
- Three killed in Cairo clashes, 48 wounded across Egypt
- Malaysia's Anwar convicted of sodomy, political future in doubt