World Economic Forum at Davos
Reuters' Lauren Tara LaCapra reports from the center of today's Davos action:
"At a packed lounge in the conference center, Steve Schwarzman, CEO of private-equity firm Blackstone Group, was sitting solo at a small table, reading and drinking water. Asked what is on his agenda at the conference, and whether he had a positive or negative outlook on the economy, he voiced displeasure for U.S. President Barack Obama. He referred to the president as 'the guy who forgot to mention the economy after four years as president' in his inauguration speech. 'That wasn't an accident,' Schwarzman added."
Here's the full text of President Obama's speech.
SLAVIANSK/YENAKIEVO, Ukraine - At least three people were killed in a gunfight in the early hours of Sunday near a Ukrainian city controlled by pro-Russian separatists, shaking an already fragile international accord that was designed to avert a wider conflict. | Video
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- Protesters fight police, burn Maduro puppets in Venezuela
- Air strikes in Yemen kill 40 al Qaeda militants in two days
- Iran, world powers to start work on nuclear drafts next month
- Top Palestinian cleric says Israel threw stun grenades into al Aqsa; Israel denies