TOKYO - U.S. President Barack Obama has said Washington welcomes China's rise but that engagement with Beijing would not come at the expense of its Asian allies - as Chinese state media greeted his imminent arrival in the region with a broadside accusing the United States of wanting to "cage" the emerging superpower.
- Ukraine president calls for new anti-rebel offensive as crisis deal falters |
- Divers feel with their hands for corpses in depths of South Korean ferry |
- Satellites show North Korea nuclear test unlikely: think tank
- Serendipity aids Egypt in struggle to recover stolen heritage
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Import tariffs strain rich-poor gap in 'madly expensive' Luanda
- Thai court gives PM more time in abuse of power case