Tracking storm Sandy recovery
New York City was left reeling after Sandy made landfall in the area overnight on Monday. This video, released by the NY Port Authority on October 30 shows flooding in the vent building of the Holland Tunnel. The tunnel runs under the Hudson River and connects Manhattan and Jersey City, New Jersey.
TOKYO - U.S. President Barack Obama used a state visit to Japan on Thursday to try to reassure Asian allies of his commitment to ramping up U.S. engagement in the region, despite Chinese complaints that his real aim is to contain Beijing's rise.
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Ukraine revolt shows faces, but whose are the brains?
- China bans petitioners appealing directly to higher authorities
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Japan's Abe: Continue to gain understanding of his Yasukuni visit
- Pakistan fighter jets target militant hideouts near Afghan border