TOKYO - Japan has started looking into resuming inter-governmental talks with North Korea after a surprise visit to Pyongyang by an aide to Japan's prime minister, the Asahi Shimbun and other newspapers said on Wednesday.
- Freeport Indonesia says death toll rises to 28 after tunnel accident
- Syrian foes move towards talks but fighting rages |
- Iran bars candidates for presidential election
- Attacks in Iraq kill over 40, sectarian tensions high |
- Guatemala trial of Rios Montt has likely collapsed: lawyers
- Senate panel backs arming Syria rebels
- With wary eye on the U.S., China courts India