ROME - Thousands of people protested in Rome on Saturday against austerity policies and high unemployment, urging new Prime Minister Enrico Letta to focus on creating jobs to help pull the country out of recession.
- Eight killed, 10 policemen kidnapped in Iraq's Sunni heartland |
- North Korea fires three short-range missiles
- Police clash with youth in Cairo after anti-Mursi protest |
- Germany's Merkel visits Pope, urges tougher market controls
- Armed Tuareg and Arab groups clash in northern Mali
- Afghan parliament fails to pass divisive women's law
- France's Hollande signs gay marriage law