KIEV - Ukrainian protesters stood their ground on Wednesday after an overnight sweep by riot police and their leaders dismissed an offer of talks from a president they say must quit for favoring ties with Russia over the European Union.
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Catalonia sets independence question, Spain says it won't happen
- Mainstream parties clinch Austrian coalition deal
- Islamists kill 15 Alawite and Druze civilians in Syria: activists
- French prosecutor urges extradition of Kazakh tycoon
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Colombian president's ratings move up again, would win election