Patricia Zengerle reports: the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Wednesday approved a resolution authorizing the use of military force in Syria by a vote of 10-7, with one senator merely voting "present." The vote by the panel clears the way for a vote on the resolution in the full Senate, likely next week.
KUALA LUMPUR/PHU QUOC ISLAND, Vietnam - Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. | Video
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |
- Suicide bomber kills 45 in Iraqi city of Hilla
- Libyan rebels warn of 'war' if navy attacks oil tanker
- Colombians vote for congress ahead of FARC peace accord
- Arab League, Abbas reject recognizing Israel as 'Jewish state'
- Bahrain says foreign 'terrorists' behind blast that killed three police
- Nuns held by rebels in Syria freed after three months