Scud-type missiles launched in Syria -NATO official
BRUSSELS, Dec 12 (Reuters) - A number of short-range ballistic missiles have been launched inside Syria this week, a NATO official said on Wednesday.
"Allied intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets have detected the launch of a number of unguided, short-range ballistic missiles inside Syria this week ... Trajectory and distance travelled indicate they were Scud-type missiles," the official said.
KUALA LUMPUR/PHU QUOC ISLAND, Vietnam - A missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have turned back from its scheduled route before vanishing from radar screens, military officers said on Sunday, deepening the mystery surrounding the fate of the plane and the 239 people aboard. | Video
- Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea despite U.S. warning |
- Japan Airlines plane makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Libya authorizes use of force against North Korean-flagged tanker
- 'What bailout exit?' Portuguese ask, braced for more hardship
- Qatar may face higher costs of hiring foreign workers: IMF
- India set to challenge U.S. for election-spending record
- Afghanistan's powerful Vice President Fahim dies