Scud-type missiles launched in Syria -NATO officialView the full event
BRUSSELS, Dec 12 (Reuters) - A number of short-range ballistic missiles have been launched inside Syria this week, a NATO official said on Wednesday.
"Allied intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets have detected the launch of a number of unguided, short-range ballistic missiles inside Syria this week ... Trajectory and distance travelled indicate they were Scud-type missiles," the official said. by anthony.derosa 12/12/2012 7:00:54 PM
ISTANBUL - The Syrian opposition in exile met on Thursday to decide whether to attend a peace conference that the United States and Russia see as a crucial path to ending two years of civil war.
- British police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder |
- Kerry meets Israelis, Palestinians in bid to revive talks
- Repatriating detainees to Yemen key to closing Guantanamo
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake strikes Russian Far East
- Venezuela prosecutor to open probe over leaked recording
- Russia's oldest human rights group fights "foreign agent" tag
- Insight: In attacker's argot, Londoners shocked to hear one of their own