Scud-type missiles launched in Syria -NATO official
BRUSSELS, Dec 12 (Reuters) - A number of short-range ballistic missiles have been launched inside Syria this week, a NATO official said on Wednesday.
"Allied intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets have detected the launch of a number of unguided, short-range ballistic missiles inside Syria this week ... Trajectory and distance travelled indicate they were Scud-type missiles," the official said.
JINDO/MOKPO, South Korea - Some relatives of the more than 200 children missing in a sunken South Korean ferry offered DNA swabs on Saturday to help identify the dead as the rescue turned into a mission to recover the vessel and the bodies of those on board. | Video
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest
- Current underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week
- Egyptian leftist politician submits bid to run for president
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Kidnapped French journalists found on Turkey's Syrian border
- Two killed in Bahrain car explosion: Interior Ministry