Scud-type missiles launched in Syria -NATO official
BRUSSELS, Dec 12 (Reuters) - A number of short-range ballistic missiles have been launched inside Syria this week, a NATO official said on Wednesday.
"Allied intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets have detected the launch of a number of unguided, short-range ballistic missiles inside Syria this week ... Trajectory and distance travelled indicate they were Scud-type missiles," the official said.
SLAVIANSK, Ukraine/ST PETERSBURG, Russia - Ukrainian forces killed up to five pro-Moscow rebels on Thursday as they closed in on the separatists' military stronghold in the east, and Russia launched army drills near the border in response, raising fears its troops would invade. | Video
- Exclusive: Obama may call EU leaders in Russia sanctions push - sources
- Israel suspends peace talks after Palestinian unity bid
- Obama wraps up Japan visit after security pledge but no trade deal
- Empty spaces mark Korean school tribute for missing ferry victims |
- Obama warns North Korea on nuclear test: South Korean media
- Former U.S. test site sues nuclear nations for disarmament failure
- From God.com to photography, Korea ferry founder has diverse interests