TOKYO - U.S. President Barack Obama assured ally Japan on Thursday that Washington was committed to its defendefensece, including of tiny isles at the heart of a row with China, but denied he had drawn any new "red line" and urged peaceful dialogue over the islands.
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Thai opposition leader seeks compromise to avert bloodshed
- Historic canonization of two popes brings joy and controversy
- At least three foreigners killed in attack at Kabul hospital: security sources
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Japan's Abe: Continue to gain understanding of his Yasukuni visit