Britain proposes 30 days extension to UN Syria mission-diplomatsView the full event
UNITED NATIONS, July 19 (Reuters) - Britain has drafted a new resolution to extend a U.N. mission in Syria "for a final period of 30 days" and it could be voted on later on Thursday, diplomats said.
The four-paragraph resolution would simply roll over the mission of 300 unarmed military observers and some 100 civilian staff, the diplomats, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said.
(Reporting by Michelle Nichols; Editing by Jackie Frank) by anthony.derosa 7/19/2012 4:21:01 PM
ROME - Thousands of people protested in Rome on Saturday against austerity policies and high unemployment, urging new Prime Minister Enrico Letta to focus on creating jobs to help pull the country out of recession. | Video
- Gunmen kill senior woman member of Pakistani party led by Imran Khan
- North Korea fires three short-range missiles
- Syria's Assad: Little chance peace talks would succeed - newspaper
- Thirteen killed, 10 police kidnapped in Iraq violence |
- Church must help the poorest, not dissect theology, pope says
- Regional force boosts troop numbers in Central African Republic
- France detains suspect in Toulouse killings investigation