Supreme Court weighs gay marriage cases
The atmosphere outside is definitely more subdued than yesterday. In part, that's because there is no major contingent of gay marriage opponents. On Tuesday, thousands of opponents marched past a pro-gay marriage rally, leading to verbal confrontations and a lot of competing chants.
It's hard to estimate how many people are out here - maybe a thousand?
PRETORIA - Thousands of people lined up on Wednesday to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body lay in state in Pretoria in the building where the anti-apartheid hero was inaugurated in 1994 as South Africa's first black president. | Video
- Thai crisis deepens as PM's supporters weigh in |
- Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators
- IAEA to seek progress on Iran nuclear probe in Tehran talks
- Uproar in Egyptian court halts Muslim Brotherhood leaders' trial
- Bachelet seen easily defeating childhood playmate in Chile election
- Mexico Senate passes energy bill, lower house OK pending
- Russian rights activists say Putin amnesty far too narrow