Severe Weather: Tracking Isaac
From Brian Fortier at the Weather Channel:
Currently at least 6,000 without power in Alabama, 10,000 without power in Louisiana.
Peak wind gusts so far on land: Biloxi, MS 43 mph, New Orleans Intl 51 mph, New Orleans Lakefront, 58 mph, Boothville, LA 71 mph.
(Track Hurricane Isaac at Weather.com)
KUALA LUMPUR/HO CHI MINH CITY - A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. | Video
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Israel brings arms ship to dock, hopes to shame Iran
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- Syria government forces take village near Lebanese border
- Iraqi women protest against proposed Islamic law in Iraq
- Red Cross worker killed in Central African Republic
- Pope names top economists, finance experts to Vatican body