Severe Weather: Tracking Isaac
From Brian Fortier at the Weather Channel:
Currently at least 6,000 without power in Alabama, 10,000 without power in Louisiana.
Peak wind gusts so far on land: Biloxi, MS 43 mph, New Orleans Intl 51 mph, New Orleans Lakefront, 58 mph, Boothville, LA 71 mph.
(Track Hurricane Isaac at Weather.com)
JOHANNESBURG - Nelson Mandela will be laid to rest on Sunday in an elaborate ceremony combining a state funeral and all its military pomp with the traditional burial rituals of his Xhosa clan to ensure he has an easy transition into the afterworld.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Car bomb kills one police officer in Ismailia
- Catalonia sets referendum date next year, Spain says no
- With Brazil-U.S. links frosty, Hollande pushes jet deal
- Somali president names economist as new prime minister
- Brahimi sets deadline for naming Syrian delegations to peace talks
- French prosecutor urges extradition of Kazakh tycoon