Severe Weather: Tracking Isaac
From Brian Fortier at the Weather Channel:
Currently at least 6,000 without power in Alabama, 10,000 without power in Louisiana.
Peak wind gusts so far on land: Biloxi, MS 43 mph, New Orleans Intl 51 mph, New Orleans Lakefront, 58 mph, Boothville, LA 71 mph.
(Track Hurricane Isaac at Weather.com)
SLAVIANSK, Ukraine/ST PETERSBURG, Russia - Ukrainian forces killed up to five pro-Moscow rebels on Thursday as they closed in on the separatists' military stronghold in the east, and Russia launched army drills near the border in response, raising fears its troops would invade. | Video
- Russia's Lavrov accuses Washington of distorting Geneva accord on Ukraine
- Obama wraps up Japan visit but no trade deal |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Empty spaces mark Korean school tribute for missing ferry victims |
- In Cairo, one family's story shows rise of radical threat
- Thai government wants more troops in Bangkok as crisis heats up
- China believes arms firm did not violate rules in Syria