Severe Weather: Tracking Isaac
From Brian Fortier at the Weather Channel:View the full event
Currently at least 6,000 without power in Alabama, 10,000 without power in Louisiana.
Peak wind gusts so far on land: Biloxi, MS 43 mph, New Orleans Intl 51 mph, New Orleans Lakefront, 58 mph, Boothville, LA 71 mph.
(Track Hurricane Isaac at Weather.com) by WeatherChannel 8/28/2012 9:47:31 PM
ISTANBUL - Syria's fractious opposition scrambled to agree a new leadership on Friday in a bid to present a coherent front at peace talks which the United States and Russia are convening to seek an end to more than two years of civil war.
- British security services in spotlight after soldier murder |
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Violence spreads outside Swedish capital but violence abates |
- Church of England unveils plan for women bishops in 2015
- Toronto mayor denies, finally, use of crack cocaine
- IMF's Lagarde escapes formal investigation in court |
- Taliban attack international compound in Afghan capital |