Severe Weather: Tracking Isaac
From Brian Fortier at the Weather Channel:
Offshore oil rigs reporting wind gusts to 90 mph (anemometer at 200 ft elevation).
Biloxi flooding: First level of the Palace Casino garage is under water, Popp's Ferry Causeway completely flooded; south side of Broadwater flooded; Beach Blvd from McDonnel to Acadia and in front of the Hard Rock is closed.
Mobile Flooding: East bound lanes of the mobile bay causeway are closed due to water over the road. 51 mph gust was measured at the bankhead tunnel.
(Track Hurricane Isaac at Weather.com)
JOHANNESBURG - South Africans woke on Friday to a future without Nelson Mandela, and some said they feared the anti-apartheid hero's death could leave their country vulnerable again to racial and social tensions that he did so much to pacify. | Video
- Nelson Mandela, from apartheid fighter to president and unifier |
- Al Qaeda-linked group claims responsibility for Yemen ministry attack |
- Aide to N. Korean leader's ousted uncle seeks asylum in South-media
- Pakistani immigrant sues U.S. over false arrest in war on terrorism
- Thai protest leaders refuse to give up, but streets calm
- Mexico lower house greenlights electoral reform
- U.S. VP Biden says no tolerance for nuclear arms in N.Korea |