Severe Weather: Tracking Isaac
From Brian Fortier at the Weather Channel:
Offshore oil rigs reporting wind gusts to 90 mph (anemometer at 200 ft elevation).
Biloxi flooding: First level of the Palace Casino garage is under water, Popp's Ferry Causeway completely flooded; south side of Broadwater flooded; Beach Blvd from McDonnel to Acadia and in front of the Hard Rock is closed.
Mobile Flooding: East bound lanes of the mobile bay causeway are closed due to water over the road. 51 mph gust was measured at the bankhead tunnel.
(Track Hurricane Isaac at Weather.com)
MOKPO/JINDO, South Korea - A junior officer was steering a South Korean ferry when it capsized two days ago, investigators said on Friday, as rescuers battled strong tides and murky waters to search for hundreds of missing, many of them school children, feared trapped in the vessel. | Video
- Four-way talks call for end to Ukraine violence |
- Still no success as deep-sea drone searches for MH370
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |
- Japan to arm remote western island, risking more China tension
- Students add Easter twist to dwindling Venezuela protests |
- As opposition grows, China defends plans for petrochemical plants
- India's election commission lifts ban on top Modi aide