Severe Weather: Tracking Isaac
From Brian Fortier at the Weather Channel:View the full event
Offshore oil rigs reporting wind gusts to 90 mph (anemometer at 200 ft elevation).
Biloxi flooding: First level of the Palace Casino garage is under water, Popp's Ferry Causeway completely flooded; south side of Broadwater flooded; Beach Blvd from McDonnel to Acadia and in front of the Hard Rock is closed.
Mobile Flooding: East bound lanes of the mobile bay causeway are closed due to water over the road. 51 mph gust was measured at the bankhead tunnel.
(Track Hurricane Isaac at Weather.com) by WeatherChannel 8/28/2012 8:44:43 PM
ROME - Thousands of people protested in Rome on Saturday against austerity policies and high unemployment, urging new Prime Minister Enrico Letta to focus on creating jobs to help pull the country out of recession. | Video
- North Korea fires three short-range missiles
- Thirteen killed, 10 police kidnapped in Iraq violence |
- Enraged by kidnapping, Egyptian police block Gaza border |
- Church must help the poorest, not dissect theology, pope says
- Regional force boosts troop numbers in Central African Republic
- Syria's Assad: Little chance peace talks would succeed - newspaper
- France detains suspect in Toulouse killings investigation