Severe Weather: Tracking Isaac
From Brian Fortier at the Weather Channel:
Offshore oil rigs reporting wind gusts to 90 mph (anemometer at 200 ft elevation).
Biloxi flooding: First level of the Palace Casino garage is under water, Popp's Ferry Causeway completely flooded; south side of Broadwater flooded; Beach Blvd from McDonnel to Acadia and in front of the Hard Rock is closed.
Mobile Flooding: East bound lanes of the mobile bay causeway are closed due to water over the road. 51 mph gust was measured at the bankhead tunnel.
(Track Hurricane Isaac at Weather.com)
SLAVIANSK, Ukraine/ST PETERSBURG, Russia - Ukrainian forces killed up to five pro-Moscow rebels on Thursday as they closed in on the separatists' military stronghold in the east, and Russia launched army drills near the border in response, raising fears its troops would invade. | Video
- Israel suspends peace talks after Palestinian unity bid
- Three Americans killed in Kabul hospital attack |
- From God.com to photography, Korea ferry founder has diverse interests
- Chemical weapons watchdog weighs chlorine attack probe in Syria: sources
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies |
- Former U.S. test site sues nuclear nations for disarmament failure
- Iran dismisses U.S. criticism of its election to U.N. NGO committee