WASHINGTON AND NEW YORK - In September 2001, as the U.S. reeled from the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, Vladimir Putin supported Washington's imminent invasion of Afghanistan in ways that would have been inconceivable during the Cold War.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Obama signs law to bar Iran diplomat from serving in U.N. post
- Obama-Abe summit to aid trade talks, not seal deal: U.S. official
- Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings
- Bomb blast in Cairo kills police officer: Egyptian state media
- Nigeria Islamists still holding 85 schoolgirls after raid: state