Price gouging in the wake of Hurricane Sandy
"The common response to raising prices in a disaster scenario is one of disgust, that shopkeepers are greedy, out for themselves, and taking advantage of the situation in order to line their own pockets. But increased prices in such situations are actually a good thing," writes Nick Coons. www.libertariansolution.com
Crucify them for price gouging! Jersey consumer affairs has over 500 complaints ns2.newjerseynewsroom.com
New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman on Monday launched an investigation into post-Sandy price gouging after receiving hundreds of complaints from consumers across the state. www.reuters.com
Want to End Sandy Shortages? Let Gougers Gouge! www.forbes.com
"Reports are being investigated in New York City, the Hudson Valley and on Long Island by state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman. More than 300 reports were made over the weekend and Monday, and the total is rising." www.usatoday.com
TOKYO - U.S. President Barack Obama will use a state visit to Japan on Thursday to try to reassure Asian allies of his commitment to ramping up U.S. engagement in the region, despite Chinese complaints that his real aim is to contain Beijing's rise. | Video
- Ukraine revolt shows faces, but whose are the brains?
- Hamas, Abbas's PLO announce reconciliation agreement
- Australia transport bureau says beach debris not from MH370
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Exclusive: Russia, China block Central African Republic blacklist at U.N.
- U.N. Security Council members mulling South Sudan sanctions
- U.S. sharply criticizes Iran's election to U.N. committee