The Economy & The Fiscal Cliff
Top House Republican predicts final passage of 'fiscal cliff' bill
A senior Republican in the U.S. House of Representatives said he expected the chamber to give final approval on Tuesday night to the Senate-passed "fiscal cliff" bill.
Rules Committee Chairman David Dreier made the prediction in a brief interview with Reuters after his panel cleared the way for the measure to be brought to the House floor. Dreier said he expected it to pass with bipartisan support, but declined to guess how many Republicans would back it, other than to say, "Quite a few."
SANAA - A car bomber and gunmen dressed in army uniforms attacked Yemen's Defense Ministry compound in the capital Sanaa on Thursday morning, killing at least 20 people, two sources said, in one of the worst attacks in Yemen in 18 months. | Video
- Gunmen kill American in Libya's Benghazi: sources
- U.S. assures Israel that core Iran sanctions still in place
- Clashes erupt as militia enter Central African Republic capital
- Russian force trains to counter militants from Syria: Chechen leader
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- Local vote to test Venezuelan president's strength
- Coordinated attacks in northern Iraqi city kill 11, wound 70