The Economy & The Fiscal Cliff
Top House Republican predicts final passage of 'fiscal cliff' bill
A senior Republican in the U.S. House of Representatives said he expected the chamber to give final approval on Tuesday night to the Senate-passed "fiscal cliff" bill.
Rules Committee Chairman David Dreier made the prediction in a brief interview with Reuters after his panel cleared the way for the measure to be brought to the House floor. Dreier said he expected it to pass with bipartisan support, but declined to guess how many Republicans would back it, other than to say, "Quite a few."
KUALA LUMPUR/PHU QUOC ISLAND, Vietnam - A missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have turned back from its scheduled route before vanishing from radar screens, military officers said on Sunday, deepening the mystery surrounding the fate of the plane and the 239 people aboard. | Video
- Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea despite U.S. warning |
- With legal reforms, China wants less interfering in cases, fewer death penalty crimes
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- EU's Ashton in Iran says final nuclear deal 'challenging': state TV
- Netanyahu says any peace deal with Palestinians at least a year away
- Iraqi PM Maliki says Saudi, Qatar openly funding violence in Anbar
- Suicide bomber kills 32 in Iraqi city of Hilla