President Obama makes remarks on immigration policy
In a series of tweets, Republican Senator Lindsey Graham (@GrahamBlog) decried the president's announcement:View the full event
Mr. President, I don’t think this is a wise way to fix a broken immigration system.
This decision avoids dealing with Congress and the American people instead of fixing a broken immigration system once and for all.
This is a classic Barack Obama move of choosing politics over leadership.
President Obama’s attempt to go around Congress and the American people is at best unwise and possibly illegal.
This type of policy proposal, regardless of motivation, will entice people to break our laws.
President Obama avoids the hard work of fixing an immigration system which is broken and fractured along numerous fronts.
President Obama chose politics over leadership. 'Hope' and 'Change' have become bait-and-switch. by Reuters Politics 6/15/2012 5:14:14 PM
ROME - Thousands of people protested in Rome on Saturday against austerity policies and high unemployment, urging new Prime Minister Enrico Letta to focus on creating jobs to help pull the country out of recession. | Video
- Upmarket Pakistan district votes again as Imran Khan decries killing
- North Korea fires three short-range missiles
- India's weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- Syria's Assad: Little chance peace talks would succeed - newspaper
- Thirteen killed, 10 police kidnapped in Iraq violence |
- Church must help the poorest, not dissect theology, pope says
- Greying China taps rural elderly to care for those even older