Report from David Lawder: From David Lawder: At the end of the House vote to pass the debt limit, government funding bill, the announcement of the vote was interrupted by a protester. The person was quickly escorted out of the chamber.
She was a House stenographer, according to a Democratic aide who was on the House floor at the time. The aide said that as the vote result was about to be announced, the woman stood up and walked onto the podium that is by the chair that the presiding officer sits. This area is where the president delivers his annual state of the union address.
The Democratic aide said the microphone was not on when the woman started shouting but he heard her say, “This is the devil’s work.” And, “You can’t serve two masters.”
TEL AVIV, Israel - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Friday Israel and the Palestinians were still on schedule to reach a full Middle East peace deal by the end of April, and both sides were committed to the talks.
- Ukraine's Yanukovich holds crisis talks as thousands mass for rally
- Qaeda rebels seize 120 Syrian Kurds near Turkish border: watchdog
- U.S. sanctions move angers Iran, Russia sees threat to nuclear deal
- Spain targets political parties with new anti-corruption law
- India calls for quick action after diplomat arrested in New York
- U.N. confirms chemical arms were used repeatedly in Syria |
- Crowd breaks through barrier on Mandela's last day of lying in state |