U.S. Politics: Conservative Political Action Conference
Report from David Lawder: From David Lawder: At the end of the House vote to pass the debt limit, government funding bill, the announcement of the vote was interrupted by a protester. The person was quickly escorted out of the chamber.
She was a House stenographer, according to a Democratic aide who was on the House floor at the time. The aide said that as the vote result was about to be announced, the woman stood up and walked onto the podium that is by the chair that the presiding officer sits. This area is where the president delivers his annual state of the union address.
The Democratic aide said the microphone was not on when the woman started shouting but he heard her say, “This is the devil’s work.” And, “You can’t serve two masters.”
KUALA LUMPUR/PHU QUOC ISLAND, Vietnam - A missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have turned back from its scheduled route before vanishing from radar screens, military officers said on Sunday, deepening the mystery surrounding the fate of the plane and the 239 people aboard. | Video
- Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea despite U.S. warning |
- Suicide bomber kills 45 in Iraqi city of Hilla
- Libya authorizes use of force against North Korean-flagged tanker
- At least 40 killed in Yemen as Houthi fighters near capital
- Japan Airlines plane makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- 'What bailout exit?' Portuguese ask, braced for more hardship
- Qatar may face higher costs of hiring foreign workers: IMF