Report from David Lawder: From David Lawder: At the end of the House vote to pass the debt limit, government funding bill, the announcement of the vote was interrupted by a protester. The person was quickly escorted out of the chamber.
She was a House stenographer, according to a Democratic aide who was on the House floor at the time. The aide said that as the vote result was about to be announced, the woman stood up and walked onto the podium that is by the chair that the presiding officer sits. This area is where the president delivers his annual state of the union address.
The Democratic aide said the microphone was not on when the woman started shouting but he heard her say, “This is the devil’s work.” And, “You can’t serve two masters.”
SLAVIANSK, Ukraine - At least three people were killed in a gunfight in the early hours of Sunday near a Ukrainian city controlled by pro-Russian separatists, shaking an already fragile international accord that was designed to avert a wider conflict. | Video
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Abdullah widens lead in Afghan presidential vote
- Turkey Twitter accounts appear blocked after Erdogan court action
- Syria's Assad pays Easter visit to recaptured Christian town
- Former army chief, leftist are only candidates in Egypt presidential poll
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days |
- Chinese admiral to snub Japan at regional meeting: Xinhua