U.S. Sen. Rockefeller to announce retirement-Senate sourceView the full event
WASHINGTON, Jan 11 (Reuters) - Democratic Senator Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia will announce later on Friday that he will not seek a sixth term in the Senate in 2014, according to a Senate Democratic source.
Rockefeller, 75, is chairman of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee. He is scheduled to make an announcement at 11 a.m. EST (1600 GMT) in Charleston, West Virginia, about his future plans, according to his office. by anthony.derosa 1/11/2013 3:03:07 PM
ISTANBUL - The Syrian opposition in exile met on Thursday to decide whether to attend a peace conference that the United States and Russia see as a crucial path to ending two years of civil war.
- British police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder |
- Kerry meets Israelis, Palestinians in bid to revive talks
- Repatriating detainees to Yemen key to closing Guantanamo
- Insight: In attacker's argot, Londoners shocked to hear one of their own
- IMF's Lagarde questioned over French arbitration case
- Italy's Berlusconi in tax fraud scheme as PM, judges say
- Stores shut, schools close amid curfew by Rio drug dealers