U.S. Sen. Rockefeller to announce retirement-Senate source
WASHINGTON, Jan 11 (Reuters) - Democratic Senator Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia will announce later on Friday that he will not seek a sixth term in the Senate in 2014, according to a Senate Democratic source.
Rockefeller, 75, is chairman of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee. He is scheduled to make an announcement at 11 a.m. EST (1600 GMT) in Charleston, West Virginia, about his future plans, according to his office.
KIEV/SLAVIANSK, Ukraine - An agreement reached last week to avert wider conflict in Ukraine was faltering as the new week began, with pro-Moscow separatist gunmen showing no sign of surrendering government buildings they have seized. | Video
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Syria calls presidential vote, defying Assad's opponents
- Air strikes kill dozens in Syria's Aleppo: monitor group
- Iran says it is drafting complete account of past nuclear work
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |
- British PM accused of fueling division with Christian talk
- Meteor lights up night sky in northern Russia