U.S. Politics: Conservative Political Action Conference
U.S. Sen. Rockefeller to announce retirement-Senate source
WASHINGTON, Jan 11 (Reuters) - Democratic Senator Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia will announce later on Friday that he will not seek a sixth term in the Senate in 2014, according to a Senate Democratic source.
Rockefeller, 75, is chairman of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee. He is scheduled to make an announcement at 11 a.m. EST (1600 GMT) in Charleston, West Virginia, about his future plans, according to his office.
KUALA LUMPUR/PHU QUOC ISLAND, Vietnam - T he disappearance of a Malaysian jetliner is an "unprecedented aviation mystery", a senior official said on Monday, with a massive air and sea search now in its third day failing to find any confirmed trace of the plane or 239 people aboard. | Video
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |
- Protests and talks widen rifts in Venezuela opposition
- Japan, U.S. differ on China in talks on 'grey zone' military threats
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- At least 42 African migrants drown off Yemeni coast: Defence Ministry
- Nuns held by rebels in Syria are freed, arrive at border: witnesses
- New Zealand to go to economy-focused election on September 20