BANGKOK - Her eyes welling with tears, Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra pleaded on Tuesday for anti-government demonstrators to clear the streets and support a snap election, but defiant protest leaders called for her to step down within 24 hours.
- Leaders gather, thousands sing in rain in farewell to Mandela |
- Spanish journalist, photographer kidnapped in Syria
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers
- Maker of faulty French breast implants given four years jail
- Ukraine protesters hold firm, defy riot police
- French army battles militias in Central African Republic's capital
- Insight: Sweden rethinks pioneering school reforms, private equity under fire