Geoffrey Cain, the GlobalPost's correspondent in Seoul, South Korea, discusses the deteriorating situation on the peninsula, as tensions continue to rise with North Korea.
Japan will consider its own sanctions against North Korea which has appeared to have conducted a nuclear test, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Tuesday.
"I have ordered that we consider every possible way to address this issue, including our own sanctions, while cooperating with other countries," Abe told reporters after a meeting of Japan's security council.
North Korea likely conducted a nuclear test on Tuesday, said South Korea's defence ministry, after seismic activity measuring 4.9 magnitude was registered by the U.S. Geological Survey.
(Reporting by Stanley White)
JOHANNESBURG - With hymns and eulogies, South Africans of all colors and creeds remembered Nelson Mandela in a day of prayers on Sunday, holding him up as a symbol of freedom, forgiveness and hope for the nation and the world. | Video
- Ukraine opposition rally keeps pressure on Yanukovich
- Bomb attacks across Iraq kill 30, wound nearly 100
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Car bomb kills one and wounds five in Libya's Benghazi
- U.N. inspectors visit Iranian site linked to nuclear program
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |