Middle East and North Africa
At least three die as protesters attack U.S. embassy in Tunis
TUNIS, Sept 14 (Reuters) - At least three people died and 28 others were wounded on Friday after hundreds of protesters incensed by a U.S.-made film insulting the Prophet Mohammad attacked the U.S. embassy in the Tunisian capital, state television said.
A Reuters reporter had seen police open fire to try to quell the assault, in which protesters managed to penetrate the embassy building.
KUALA LUMPUR - Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysian airliner with 239 people on board are narrowing the focus of their inquiries on the possibility that it disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday.
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea despite U.S. warning |
- Suicide bomber kills 45 in Iraqi city of Hilla
- Libya authorizes use of force against North Korean-flagged tanker
- At least 40 killed in Yemen as Houthi fighters near capital
- Nuns held in Syria have been freed: sources
- Japan Airlines plane makes emergency landing in Honolulu