DOHA - A fresh effort to end Afghanistan's 12-year-old war looked in disarray on Thursday after a diplomatic spat about the Taliban's new Qatar office delayed preliminary discussions between the United States and the Islamist insurgents.
- Insight: Pakistan influence on Taliban commanders helped Afghan breakthrough
- Lebanese president urges Hezbollah to pull out of Syria
- ICC says Kenyan president's trial to start on Nov 12
- Palestinian children tortured, used as shields by Israel: U.N.
- Somali Islamists threaten more carnage after attack on U.N. base
- India may have to wait to join sensitive nuclear export body
- Pope blames speculation, corruption for 'scandalous' food crisis