Algeria and Mali
Reuters: White House strongly condemns "terrorist attack" at Algeria plant, also in touch with BP officials in London. White House says it is closing monitoring situation in Algeria, concerned about reports of loss of life and is reaching out to the Algerian government for clarification. White House says President Obama has been briefly regularly on the hostage situation in Algeria
TOKYO - U.S. President Barack Obama will use a state visit to Japan on Thursday to try to reassure Asian allies of his commitment to ramping up U.S. engagement in the region, despite Chinese complaints that his real aim is to contain Beijing's rise. | Video
- Ukraine revolt shows faces, but whose are the brains?
- Hamas, Abbas's PLO announce reconciliation agreement
- Australia transport bureau says beach debris not from MH370
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Exclusive: Russia, China block Central African Republic blacklist at U.N.
- U.N. Security Council members mulling South Sudan sanctions
- U.S. sharply criticizes Iran's election to U.N. committee