Algeria and Mali
Six hostages, eight rebels killed in Algeria strike - source
ALGIERS - Six foreign hostages and eight of their captors were killed by an Algerian military strike on a vehicle being used by the kidnappers at a remote gas plant, a source in the town where the incident was unfolding told Reuters.
The source said some hostages were still being held, and 180 Algerian citizens had escaped.
SLAVIANSK, Ukraine - At least three people were killed in a gunfight in the early hours of Sunday near a Ukrainian city controlled by pro-Russian separatists, shaking an already fragile international accord that was designed to avert a wider conflict. | Video
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Abdullah widens lead in Afghan presidential vote
- Former army chief, leftist are only candidates in Egypt presidential poll
- Air strikes in Yemen kill 35 al Qaeda militants in two days
- Venezuelan protesters hold Easter rally, plan to burn Maduro effigies
- Turkey Twitter accounts appear blocked after Erdogan court action