Algeria and Mali
Six hostages, eight rebels killed in Algeria strike - source
ALGIERS - Six foreign hostages and eight of their captors were killed by an Algerian military strike on a vehicle being used by the kidnappers at a remote gas plant, a source in the town where the incident was unfolding told Reuters.
The source said some hostages were still being held, and 180 Algerian citizens had escaped.
KUALA LUMPUR/PHU QUOC ISLAND, Vietnam - T he disappearance of a Malaysian jetliner is an "unprecedented mystery", the country's civil aviation chief said on Monday, as a massive air and sea search now in its third day failed to find any trace of the plane or 239 people on board. | Video
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |
- Protests and talks widen rifts in Venezuela opposition |
- Japan, U.S. differ on China in talks on 'grey zone' military threats
- Afghan Taliban threaten to attack 'sham' poll 'manipulated by U.S.'
- Syrian forces committing war crimes in Yarmouk siege: Amnesty
- North Korea-flagged ship finishes loading oil at Libya rebel port
- With legal reforms, China wants less interfering in cases, fewer death penalty crimes