Algeria and Mali
Six hostages, eight rebels killed in Algeria strike - source
ALGIERS - Six foreign hostages and eight of their captors were killed by an Algerian military strike on a vehicle being used by the kidnappers at a remote gas plant, a source in the town where the incident was unfolding told Reuters.
The source said some hostages were still being held, and 180 Algerian citizens had escaped.
SEOUL - North Korea has executed the powerful uncle of young leader Kim Jong Un, state media said on Friday, the biggest upheaval in years as the ruling dynasty sought to distance itself from responsibility for the isolated states's dire living standards. | Video
- U.N. confirms chemical arms were used repeatedly in Syria |
- Four killed in Bangladesh clashes after Islamist leader executed |
- Thai protest leader wants 12 months to push through reforms |
- Asian nations address sea disputes, but unlikely to blame China
- Iran, big powers end Vienna talks, to meet again
- Ghost of Indonesia's Suharto gives life to his old political party
- China must befriend Tibet monks to build 'impenetrable defense': official