Iranian official says no deaths so far in quake
There have been no deaths reported so far from the major earthquake that struck Iran on Tuesday, an Iranian crisis centre official told the ISNA news agency.
The semi-official news agency quoted Morteza Akbarpour as saying the earthquake had "so far, it has not caused any fatalities".
"The epicentre of the quake was located in the desert and population centres do not surround it. There were no fatalities in the towns around the epicentre," he said.
Five people were killed in southwestern Pakistan from the quake that struck near the Pakistani border.
(Reporting by Yeganeh Torbati; Writing by Yara Bayoumy; Editing by Alison Williams)
LAUSANNE, Switzerland/ANKARA - Iran and major powers are close to agreement on a 2- or 3-page accord with specific numbers that would form the basis of a long-term settlement aimed at ending a 12-year standoff over Tehran's nuclear ambitions, officials said on Friday.