U.N. political affairs chief intends to travel to Egypt next week
U.N. Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman plans to visit Egypt next week to hear views on the crisis and the way forward, the United Nations said on Friday.
"The schedule is still being worked out. However, it goes without saying that Mr. Feltman intends to meet with a range of interlocuters, inside and outside the government, including the Muslim Brotherhood," the United Nations said.
(Reporting by Michelle Nichols; Editing by Vicki Allen)
MOKPO/JINDO, South Korea - The vice-principal of a South Korean high school who accompanied hundreds of pupils on a ferry that capsized has committed suicide, police said on Friday, as hopes faded of finding any of the 274 missing alive. | Video
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- Drone risks damage at record depth in search for Malaysian plane
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |
- Turkish president rules out role swap with Erdogan
- Poles most worried about their independence in at least 23 years: poll
- Bahraini man dies two months after being shot by police: family
- Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings