SEOUL - More than 300 people were missing after a ferry sank off South Korea, the coastguard said on Wednesday, with a three-fold increase in the number of passengers unaccounted for put down to a miscalculation by officials.
- Ukraine tightens grip on eastern town before talks |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again |
- Iran's Zarif not worried about pushback from hardliners on nuclear deal
- Israeli, Palestinian negotiators to meet on Wednesday, U.S. says
- Rebel videos show first U.S.-made rockets in Syria
- Exclusive: U.N. should halt arms shipments via Ivory Coast after China breach - panel
- China stresses need for stability at first meeting of new security council