Conflict along the Gaza Strip
TEXT: Ceasefire agreement between Israel and Gaza's PalestiniansView the full event
Following is the verbatim English text of the ceasefire agreement between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza that was reached on Wednesday with Egyptian mediation. The text was distributed by the Egyptian presidency.
Agreement of Understanding For a Ceasefire in the Gaza Strip
1: (no title given for this section)
A. Israel should stop all hostilities in the Gaza Strip land, sea and air including incursions and targeting of individuals.
B. All Palestinian factions shall stop all hostilities from the Gaza Strip against Israel including rocket attacks and all attacks along the border.
C. Opening the crossings and facilitating the movements of people and transfer of goods and refraining from restricting residents' free movements and targeting residents in border areas and procedures of implementation shall be dealt with after 24 hours from the start of the ceasefire.
D. Other matters as may be requested shall be addressed.
2: Implementation mechanisms:
A. Setting up the zero hour for the ceasefire understanding to enter into effect.
B. Egypt shall receive assurances from each party that the party commits to what was agreed upon.
C. Each party shall commit itself not to perform any acts that would breach this understanding. In case of any observations Egypt as the sponsor of this understanding shall be informed to follow up.
(Reporting by Marwa Awad; Editing by Kevin Liffey) by Matthew Keys 11/21/2012 6:55:02 PM
SEOUL - North Korea fired a short-range missile from its east coast on Sunday, a day after launching three of these missiles, a South Korean news agency said, ignoring calls for restraint from Western powers.
- Upmarket Pakistan district votes again as Imran Khan decries killing
- Netanyahu takes aim at weapons 'leakage' in Syria
- U.N. chief Ban says worried over North Korea missile launch
- India's weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- Iran hangs two spies working for Israel and U.S.: report
- Afghanistan's Karzai seeks Indian military aid amid tensions with Pakistan
- Greying China taps rural elderly to care for those even older