Conflict along the Gaza Strip
TEXT: Ceasefire agreement between Israel and Gaza's Palestinians
Following is the verbatim English text of the ceasefire agreement between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza that was reached on Wednesday with Egyptian mediation. The text was distributed by the Egyptian presidency.
Agreement of Understanding For a Ceasefire in the Gaza Strip
1: (no title given for this section)
A. Israel should stop all hostilities in the Gaza Strip land, sea and air including incursions and targeting of individuals.
B. All Palestinian factions shall stop all hostilities from the Gaza Strip against Israel including rocket attacks and all attacks along the border.
C. Opening the crossings and facilitating the movements of people and transfer of goods and refraining from restricting residents' free movements and targeting residents in border areas and procedures of implementation shall be dealt with after 24 hours from the start of the ceasefire.
D. Other matters as may be requested shall be addressed.
2: Implementation mechanisms:
A. Setting up the zero hour for the ceasefire understanding to enter into effect.
B. Egypt shall receive assurances from each party that the party commits to what was agreed upon.
C. Each party shall commit itself not to perform any acts that would breach this understanding. In case of any observations Egypt as the sponsor of this understanding shall be informed to follow up.
(Reporting by Marwa Awad; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
PRETORIA - Thousands of people lined up on Wednesday to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body lay in state in Pretoria in the building where the anti-apartheid hero was inaugurated in 1994 as South Africa's first black president. | Video
- Thai crisis deepens as PM's supporters weigh in |
- Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators
- IAEA to seek progress on Iran nuclear probe in Tehran talks
- Uproar in Egyptian court halts Muslim Brotherhood leaders' trial
- Bachelet seen easily defeating childhood playmate in Chile election
- Mexico Senate passes energy bill, lower house OK pending
- Uruguay's move to legalize marijuana breaks international treaty: INCB