Conflict along the Gaza Strip
Israel, Gaza militants agree to ceasefire - Hamas official
Israel and militants from the Gaza Strip have agreed to an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire that will come into force at midnight local (2200 GMT), Hamas official Ayman Taha said, speaking to Reuters from Cairo.
"An agreement for calm has been reached. It will be declared at 9.00 p.m. and go into effect at midnight," Taha said.
(Reporting by Nidal al-Mughrabi; writing by Crispian Balmer; editing by Jeffrey Heller)
MOSCOW/SIMFEROPOL, Ukraine - Russia said on Friday any U.S. sanctions imposed against Moscow over the crisis in Ukraine would boomerang back on the United States, raising the financial stakes as the military standoff intensified. | Video
- Suspected Russian spyware Turla targets Europe, United States
- Netanyahu says Israel would give up 'some settlements' for peace
- Saudi Arabia designates Muslim Brotherhood terrorist group
- Iran, world powers hold 'substantive and useful' nuclear talks
- South Africa, Rwanda expel diplomats in row over Rwandan exiles
- Latin American foreign ministers to discuss Venezuela unrest
- U.S. special forces sent to train Iraqi special forces in Jordan