Conflict along the Gaza Strip
Israel, Gaza militants agree to ceasefire - Hamas officialView the full event
Israel and militants from the Gaza Strip have agreed to an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire that will come into force at midnight local (2200 GMT), Hamas official Ayman Taha said, speaking to Reuters from Cairo.
"An agreement for calm has been reached. It will be declared at 9.00 p.m. and go into effect at midnight," Taha said.
(Reporting by Nidal al-Mughrabi; writing by Crispian Balmer; editing by Jeffrey Heller) by Matthew Keys 11/20/2012 4:15:02 PM
ISTANBUL - Syrian opposition talks aimed at presenting a coherent front at an international peace conference to end the civil war faced the prospect of collapse after President Bashar al-Assad's foes failed to cut an internal deal, opposition sources said on Friday.
- British security services in spotlight after soldier murder |
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Guatemalan ex-president extradited to U.S. on money-laundering charges
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
- Church of England unveils plan for women bishops in 2015
- Toronto mayor denies, finally, use of crack cocaine
- IMF's Lagarde escapes formal investigation in court |