Conflict along the Gaza Strip
Israel, Gaza militants agree to ceasefire - Hamas official
Israel and militants from the Gaza Strip have agreed to an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire that will come into force at midnight local (2200 GMT), Hamas official Ayman Taha said, speaking to Reuters from Cairo.
"An agreement for calm has been reached. It will be declared at 9.00 p.m. and go into effect at midnight," Taha said.
(Reporting by Nidal al-Mughrabi; writing by Crispian Balmer; editing by Jeffrey Heller)
MARIUPOL, Ukraine - Pro-Russian separatists attacked a base of the Ukrainian national guard in an eastern city overnight and Kiev said three of the militants were killed, bloodshed likely to overshadow crisis talks in Geneva. | Video
- Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry accident |
- Search for Malaysia Airlines jet refocuses on drone scans of seafloor |
- China's Xi purging corrupt officials to put own men in place: sources
- India holds biggest day of voting with Hindu nationalists gaining strength
- Iran is complying with nuclear deal with powers: IAEA
- Obama, Abe to battle negative images at U.S.-Japan summit
- Japan postpones foreign minister's trip to Russia