BANGKOK - Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra dissolved parliament on Monday and called a snap election, but anti-government protest leaders pressed ahead with mass demonstrations seeking to install an unelected body to run Thailand.
- Venezuela's socialists win majority in local polls
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- U.N. inspectors visit Iranian site linked to nuclear program
- South Africans remember Mandela with praise and prayers |
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- North Korea says Kim's uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Brash Florence mayor Renzi wins centre-left leadership