Mass shooting at Colorado movie theater
Statement from Arlene Holmes, read by an attorney retained by the Holmes family (rush transcription based on broadcast)...:
"This statement is to clarify a statement made by ABC media. I was awakened by a call from a reporter by ABC on July 20 about 5:45 in the morning. I did not know anything about a shooting in Aurora at that time. He asked if I was Arlene Holmes and if my son was James Holmes who lives in Aurora, Colorado. I answered yes, you have the right person. I was referring to myself.
I asked him to tell me why he was calling and he told me about a shooting in Aurora. He asked for a comment. I told him I could not comment because I did not know if the person he was talking about was my son, and I would need to find out. "
TOKYO - President Barack Obama will use a state visit to Japan on Thursday to try to reassure Tokyo and other Asian allies of his commitment to ramping up U.S. engagement in the region, despite Chinese complaints that Washington's real aim is to contain Beijing's rise. | Video
- Ukraine revolt shows faces, but whose are the brains?
- Hamas, Abbas's PLO announce reconciliation agreement
- Exclusive: Russia, China block Central African Republic blacklist at U.N.
- Australia transport bureau says beach debris not from MH370
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Campaign to stop Britons joining Syria fight targets women
- Syria eyes end of chemical arms monitoring mission; West disagrees