Mass shooting at Colorado movie theater
Statement from Arlene Holmes, read by an attorney retained by the Holmes family (rush transcription based on broadcast)...:
"This statement is to clarify a statement made by ABC media. I was awakened by a call from a reporter by ABC on July 20 about 5:45 in the morning. I did not know anything about a shooting in Aurora at that time. He asked if I was Arlene Holmes and if my son was James Holmes who lives in Aurora, Colorado. I answered yes, you have the right person. I was referring to myself.
I asked him to tell me why he was calling and he told me about a shooting in Aurora. He asked for a comment. I told him I could not comment because I did not know if the person he was talking about was my son, and I would need to find out. "
KUALA LUMPUR/PHU QUOC ISLAND, Vietnam - Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. | Video
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |
- Japan, U.S. differ on China in talks on 'grey zone' military threats
- Libyan rebels warn of 'war' if navy attacks oil tanker
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Nuns yet to reach Syria after reported release by rebels
- The children of Japan's Fukushima battle an invisible enemy
- Ex-rebel favorite to win El Salvador presidential election