Mass shooting at Colorado movie theater
Statement from Arlene Holmes, read by an attorney retained by the Holmes family (rush transcription based on broadcast)...:View the full event
"This statement is to clarify a statement made by ABC media. I was awakened by a call from a reporter by ABC on July 20 about 5:45 in the morning. I did not know anything about a shooting in Aurora at that time. He asked if I was Arlene Holmes and if my son was James Holmes who lives in Aurora, Colorado. I answered yes, you have the right person. I was referring to myself.
I asked him to tell me why he was calling and he told me about a shooting in Aurora. He asked for a comment. I told him I could not comment because I did not know if the person he was talking about was my son, and I would need to find out. " by Matthew Keys 7/23/2012 8:00:29 PM
TOKYO - Japan has started looking into resuming inter-governmental talks with North Korea after a surprise visit to Pyongyang by an aide to Japan's prime minister, the Asahi Shimbun and other newspapers said on Wednesday.
- Freeport Indonesia says death toll rises to 28 after tunnel accident
- North Korea sends top Kim Jong-un aide to Beijing
- Syrian foes move towards talks but fighting rages |
- Iran bars candidates for presidential election
- Attacks in Iraq kill over 40, sectarian tensions high |
- Guatemala trial of Rios Montt has likely collapsed: lawyers
- Senate panel backs arming Syria rebels