Mass shooting at Colorado movie theater
Statement from Arlene Holmes, read by an attorney retained by the Holmes family (rush transcription based on broadcast)...:
"This statement is to clarify a statement made by ABC media. I was awakened by a call from a reporter by ABC on July 20 about 5:45 in the morning. I did not know anything about a shooting in Aurora at that time. He asked if I was Arlene Holmes and if my son was James Holmes who lives in Aurora, Colorado. I answered yes, you have the right person. I was referring to myself.
I asked him to tell me why he was calling and he told me about a shooting in Aurora. He asked for a comment. I told him I could not comment because I did not know if the person he was talking about was my son, and I would need to find out. "
MOKPO/JINDO, South Korea - The vice-principal of a South Korean high school who accompanied hundreds of pupils on a ferry that capsized has committed suicide, police said on Friday, as hopes faded of finding any of the 268 missing alive. | Video
- Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |
- Drone risks damage at record depth in search for Malaysian plane
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |
- At least 12 Nepali guides killed in Everest avalanche
- Algeria's Bouteflika set for re-election, foes cry fraud
- Burundi creates reconciliation body that divides public opinion
- Top Hollande aide quits in conflict of interest row