Mass shooting at Colorado movie theater
KUSA, which provided the pool video of today's court appearance by James Holmes, cites a technical difficulty with its mobile broadcasting gear for the occasional interruption of its feed.View the full event
The mobile broadcasting gear uses broadband data commonly found in cell phones and smartphones.
"The sheer volume of data usage in the area sapped the bandwidth that was going to the source of the information: the one feed being relied upon by the world to observe the court hearing," Brandon Rittiman wrote on a station blog. "The mass texting, tweeting, and posting of information in real-time crushed the cell signal providing the information in the first place."
Rittiman added that the station is "working on lessons learned and looking for solutions for next time."
Read the full entry at BrandonRittiman.com by Matthew Keys 7/23/2012 4:58:32 PM
AMMAN - Washington threatened on Wednesday to increase support for Syria's rebels if President Bashar al-Assad refuses to discuss a political end to a civil war that is spreading across borders.
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
- Exclusive: Glencore, Trafigura deals with Iran may have skirted sanctions - U.N
- China milk powder firms court foreign cachet for domestic gains
- U.S. probe of Benghazi attack focused on more than five suspects
- Merkel protégé struggles with Germany's green revolution
- U.S. acknowledges killing four Americans in drone strikes
- Stockholm riots challenge image of happy, generous state |