Mass shooting at Colorado movie theater
AMC Theaters releases statement in the wake of the Aurora, Colorado shooting. AMC says it will no longer allow any guests into the theater if they are wearing face-covering masks or carrying fake weapons.
Full statement from AMC Theaters:
"AMC Theatres is deeply saddened by the Aurora tragedy. Movie going is part of our social fabric and this senseless act shakes us to our core. We're reinforcing our security procedures with our theatre teams, which we cannot discuss in detail for obvious, safety reasons. Local law enforcement agencies, our landlords and their and our local security teams are stepping up nationwide to ensure we provide the safest environment possible for our guests. We couldn't be more grateful for their collective support.
At this time, our show schedules circuit-wide will not change. We will not allow any guests into our theatres in costumes that make other guests feel uncomfortable and we will not permit face-covering masks or fake weapons inside our buildings. If guests wish to exchange or refund any tickets, we will honor our existing policy and do as our guests wish. We are taking necessary precautions to ensure our guests who wish to enjoy a movie this weekend can do so with as much peace of mind as possible in these circumstances. "
SLAVIANSK, Ukraine/ST PETERSBURG, Russia - Ukrainian forces killed up to five pro-Moscow rebels on Thursday as they closed in on the separatists' military stronghold in the east, and Russia launched army drills near the border in response, raising fears its troops would invade. | Video
- Israel suspends peace talks after Palestinian unity bid
- Three Americans killed in Kabul hospital attack |
- From God.com to photography, Korea ferry founder has diverse interests
- Chemical weapons watchdog weighs chlorine attack probe in Syria: sources
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies |
- Former U.S. test site sues nuclear nations for disarmament failure
- Iran dismisses U.S. criticism of its election to U.N. NGO committee