Mass shooting at Colorado movie theater
AMC Theaters releases statement in the wake of the Aurora, Colorado shooting. AMC says it will no longer allow any guests into the theater if they are wearing face-covering masks or carrying fake weapons.
Full statement from AMC Theaters:
"AMC Theatres is deeply saddened by the Aurora tragedy. Movie going is part of our social fabric and this senseless act shakes us to our core. We're reinforcing our security procedures with our theatre teams, which we cannot discuss in detail for obvious, safety reasons. Local law enforcement agencies, our landlords and their and our local security teams are stepping up nationwide to ensure we provide the safest environment possible for our guests. We couldn't be more grateful for their collective support.
At this time, our show schedules circuit-wide will not change. We will not allow any guests into our theatres in costumes that make other guests feel uncomfortable and we will not permit face-covering masks or fake weapons inside our buildings. If guests wish to exchange or refund any tickets, we will honor our existing policy and do as our guests wish. We are taking necessary precautions to ensure our guests who wish to enjoy a movie this weekend can do so with as much peace of mind as possible in these circumstances. "
MOSCOW/SEVASTOPOL, Ukraine - Russia said any U.S. sanctions imposed on Moscow over the crisis in Ukraine will boomerang back on the United States and that Crimea has the right to self-determination as armed men tried to seize another Ukrainian military base on the peninsula. | Video
- Malaysia Airlines says lost contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Suspected Russian spyware Turla targets Europe, United States
- Netanyahu says Israel would give up 'some settlements' for peace
- Iran, world powers hold 'substantive and useful' nuclear talks
- South Africa, Rwanda expel diplomats in row over Rwandan exiles
- Three killed in Cairo clashes, 48 wounded across Egypt
- Malaysia's Anwar convicted of sodomy, political future in doubt