SANAA - On January 23, science teacher Ali Nasser al-Qawli had finished supervising school exams in the Yemeni village of Khawlan and was enjoying an afternoon with friends when he encountered the strangers.
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Crowd breaks through barrier on Mandela's last day of lying in state
- Four killed in Bangladesh clashes after Islamist leader executed |
- U.N. confirms chemical arms were used repeatedly in Syria |
- Iran official says U.S. sanctions violate Geneva deal spirit
- Ukraine's Yanukovich to hold talks on political crisis
- Thai protest leader wants 12 months to push through reforms |